Sunday, May 13, 2012

Fashion

When I was little, I always knew my mom was around just by smelling the air, which always had a hint of her perfume, Chanel No. 5. And I distinctly remember having to take magazines to grade school for an art project and being kind of shocked that my copies of Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, and Architectural Digest were the only ones there in a pile of Good Housekeeping and Better Homes and Gardens that the other kids brought. Fashion, art, and design have always been a part of my life, from the very beginning, thanks to my mom.



She has always been this incredibly stylish woman, and she can get away with certain looks like no other. My mom's an artist, and she sees clothing and accesories as just another form of expression. She can mix a shirt from Forever 21 and pair of antique emerald earrings and just look... stunning. I love that she dresses with absolute abandon and just wears whatever she thinks is beautiful, no matter where she is going. She'll wear her Indian diamond jewerlry and beaded sari skirt to work. As a teacher.



My Mom the Style Icon is a blog that celebrates the stylish influence that our moms have on us. This blog is just an open love letter to all moms. Scroll through the pictures and see how these outfits from the 70's, 60's, 50's and 40's look so gorgeous and modern. I think of my awesome friend Christy and how she is so influential in her daughter's style: her daughter Sabrina is already writing her own blog, Fun With Accessories, after seeing her mom write about things that she loves on this one. And the love for clothes that these two share just proves the maxim "Like mother, like daughter."



Happy Mother's Day to all those fabulous moms out there. We love you.

~m~




My mom at her bridal shower-

Love the hair and the earrings!


No comments:

Post a Comment