Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fun (For a Good Cause)

I recently stumbled upon a website called Own a Colour, where you can buy one of over sixteen million colors for a small donation to UNICEF, starting at only two dollars. It's an incredibly cool idea and one that allows you to help children all over the world.

I planned on choosing a color quickly, already knowing my favorite colors, but seeing all those colors was incredibly entertaining and my brief visit to the site turned into a colorful hour or so. After playing with several shades in the blue family, I chose a color that was inspired by a photo I took several years ago in Venice:

This is what I came up with:


I also gave a gift of color to my dear friend Christy, the friend who came up with this ridiculously fun blog that we write:


It was only after I submitted Christy's color did I notice a mistake in my story, which gave me a slight ulcer to know that my typing error was out there in cyberspace for everyone to see. But whatever. I love the color, and I know she will too.

Check out this website, pick a favorite color, tell a story, and help a child in need. I can't imagine anything better.

~m~

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I LOVE my color, merci mille fois, mon amie!! :)

    ReplyDelete