Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fashion

I recently went shopping for a camping trip and bought a pair of pants that are basically the equivalent of a Swiss Army knife*. With a snap of a button, they go from pants to capris. There's a hidden zipper at the thigh that turns them into shorts. They are made of some material that keeps you warm in the cold, cool in the heat, and "wicks away moisture" (um, the manufacturer's words). They have a mesh lining for a yet unknown purpose. They have pockets everywhere for your compass, your map, and your other hiking accoutrements. They are a putty color that camoflauges any dirt/mud/rocks you fall into. They are completely practical, and I hate them for that.

And then there are these gorgeous shoes that I found at Target while buying a flashlight for my trip.




They are not going to save my life the way those pants did when I decided to slide down a slope of ice to make better time hiking down that mountain; in fact, I think an argument can be made that my life will probably be endangered when I wear these climbing the marble stairs at school. That cobalt color is probably not found anywhere in nature and won't camoflauge any dirt/mud/rocks I will fall into. These shoes are completely impractical, and I absolutely adore them for that.
~m~

*My Swiss Army knife is hot pink.










No comments:

Post a Comment