Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fitness (?)

The title of my really depressing autobiography will be The 40 Year-Old Bridesmaid, a title I'm thinking of trademarking before Tina Fey snaps it up now that she has all this post 30 Rock time on her hands.

Now, I kind of feel like bridesmaids are similar to dairy products: there is definitely an expiration date, and mine was about twelve years ago. But when a dear friend finds the right man and asks you to share in her happiness, you don't say no. At least I don't. You suck it up, buy the dress, and make peace with the idea of teal chiffon. At least I do. And then you proceed to look in the full-length mirror and freak the hell out. At least I did.

So I did what every friend of mine does before they have that wedding, deliver that baby, or go on that trip of a lifetime. I created a Pinterest board to help me get my teal-chiffoned ass in gear.
The board was created in the depths of despair, which explains the title:




The first picture I pinned was these awesome Nikes, which I think are so cute that they actually inspire me to run. This is no small feat. There is truly nothing I hate more than running.




Yoga, on the other hand, is something I love. No hot pink and leopard print shoes are needed to make me want to grab my mat and do some salutations. But I found these Nike yoga shoes also on Pinterest, and thought they were awesome:




Somewhere in my addled brain I think that if I buy them, I can do this:




The wedding is less than four weeks away. The way I look at it, I'll either look a little more toned in that teal dress, or I will have a horribly hilarious picture to put in the book that will endear me to my readers. Win, win.

This blogpost is inspired by the oldest and dearest and most talented friend I have: Monika Mojica. I woke up this morning to find her blogpost "Skinny Red Genes"on my Facebook wall. Give yourself a little gift and read it. I was split between laughing too hard and being filled with total envy at her amazing writing. Her post inspired me to write again on my own neglected little blog. Monika, you will be the first person I call when I master the Dancer pose. Wait by the phone.
~m~

1 comment:

  1. Oh Michelle, fellow Jedi and awesome writer thank you. Your blog is what inspired me; Funny, witty and from the heart. Plus you know how to use Pintertest, while I cradle my Atari. I will be by the phone, eating frosting from the can, wiping it off with my jeans. I can't wait to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete