Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fun

I've always loved Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  I remember being fascinated by the bottle labeled "Drink Me" and have always been drawn to little bottles ever since.

This past weekend, I found adorable little glass bottles in the jewelry department at Hobby Lobby. It cost $1.47 for two tiny glass bottles and cork tops. I thought these bottles would be the perfect, whimsical solution to the problem of loose gemstones and pearls from broken pieces of jewelry that I have accumulated through the years.

I placed several stones in the bottle, sealed it with craft glue, and in a matter of minutes I had my own little bottle to rival Alice's. On a silk cord, it was a sweet little necklace that made me smile. Later that day, I found a more expensive, less wonder(land)ful version at a store in the mall, filled with plastic rhinestones and crystals. It was bigger, clunkier, and much less muchier than mine (a Mad Hatter reference).

For someone who isn't particulary crafty, I have to admit I fell in love with this idea.

Now, if I could only find that rabbit hole... ~m~



               

No comments:

Post a Comment