Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Food

I love food!  I love to look at it, smell it and, of course, eat it.  Every once in a while, I venture out with a friend to a local cooking class with a professional chef. I started to do this several years ago and that was the inspiration that I needed to venture into the world of cooking.  Most nights, my family is treated to a home cooked meal.  I am fortunate enough to be able to cook almost anything, my family is not too picky.

My most recent cooking lesson included roasted beet and shallot salad, beef tenderloin with a drunken mushroom sauce and crostinis with blue cheese, bacon and a Cabernet Sauvignon sauce, delish! These are not dishes that I would typically prepare on my own, but going to these classes inspires me to be more creative in the kitchen and to be confident enough to share these dishes with my family and friends.  As I prepare these different dishes, I find myself contented and comfortable.



Pictured here: Green Curry Chicken on basmati rice with a red onion and cucumber salad.  Beautiful, tasty and full of inspiration. 

A gorgeous plate of Miso Orange Salmon over soba noodles with carrots, red bell peppers and green onions. Delish!!

Tis the season to start feasting! Try something new!  And don't forget to accessorize...a martini glass goes nicely with every ensemble.
 ~c~ 






1 comment:

  1. So.... when are you cooking your darling friend dinner?

    ReplyDelete