Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fun

A few years ago,  I was leaving the El Paso Art Museum and saw It's a Wonderful Life written on the Plaza Theater's marquee. I absolutely love this movie and Jimmy Stewart, so I was beyond excited. My friends and I scrapped our plans for that night and decided to see the movie instead. Beautiful. After the movie, we walked through San Jacinto Plaza to look at the Christmas lights. It wasn't Rockefeller Center with its glorious tree and ice skating, but it was lovely in its own way. That night started a tradition that signals the true beginning of the season for me and my friends.

On December 3 and December 4, the Plaza will once again be showing It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story.  If you haven't seen a movie at the Plaza, you need to... this weekend. I know some people may not understand why you would pay money to see movies that are constantly on during this season (and, yes, even shown 24 hours consecutively), but seeing a movie in this renovated Art Deco theater is such an incredible experience. The seats are a little uncomfortable for those of us over 5'4, but that pales in comparison when you can sit under the stars and feel like you are in different time.  And, really, who doesn't want to see Ralphie leering at the infamous leg lamp on the big screen? ~m~

It's a Wonderful Life - November 3, 7:00 p.m.  $5
Swoon.
A Christmas Story - Novemeber 4, 2:30 p.m.  $5

Triple Dog Dare














No comments:

Post a Comment