Monday, November 7, 2011

Fun

I spent this weekend with some truly hilarious and intelligent women on my iPad. Although I've had a lady crush on Tina Fey forever, it grew even more intense when I finished reading her book Bossypants. Hilarious and intelligent, the book itself is worth the price for little gems. While recounting her time at the University of Virginia and how her Greek heritage interfered with dating the Caucasian men she was really into, she writes, "Thomas Jefferson-another gorgeous white boy who would not have been interested in me. This was my problem in a nutshell. To get some play in Charlottesville, you had to be either a Martha Jefferson or a Sally Hemings." And her chapter entitled "The Mother's Prayer for Its Daughter" is touching and freaking hilarious. I plan to someday cross-stitch it on pillows and give them to every one of my friends who has a daughter.

Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?(And Other Concerns) is also awesome. How can you not like a book with chapters entitled "Someone Explain One-Night Stands to Me" or "The Day I Stopped Eating Cupcakes"? I also plan to someday cross-stitch her "Best Friends Rights and Responsibilities" on pillows and give them to every one of my best friends.

These women remind me so much of my own fabulous female friends, who are some of smartest, sharpest, and most sarcastic people I know. They may not have book deals or tv shows, but that's the world's loss, not mine. ~m~



No comments:

Post a Comment