Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fabulous Finds

Who doesn't love a Fabulous Find?  I am always on the hunt for fashion treasure. Whether it be a navy polka dotted dress hanging in the back corner of a junk shop or a Missoni for Target clutch strategically placed amongst the backpacking magazines for later retrieval, I am always looking for that item that someone else has left behind. I suppose it goes back to my childhood. My parents owned an antique business.  In order to keep me focused (and not whining) while antiquing, they would pay me a quarter for every piece of Heisey glassware that I found.  Even then, I felt like I hit the lottery when I would find the glassware on a shelf... oftentimes covered with several layers of dust and cobwebs.  Now, so many years later and I still can't explain it, but I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when I have found what I perceive to be a Fabulous Find.  



My latest find is a most adorable polka dotted, navy dress.  Today, I have decided to channel my inner Coco Chanel and am wearing it with several strands of pearls.  Isn't it great to wear a stunning outfit, with accessories, that costs less than $20?!  
~c~

No comments:

Post a Comment