Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fashion

Bravo has debuted a new show, Fashion Hunters, where upscale goes retail.  I saw the first preview in July and I was instantly drawn in.  As I sit here watching it, I love the idea of the show and, more importantly, I love the idea of the shop in NYC, Second Time Around.  What I wasn't prepared for was the amount of pouting and cattiness going on throughout the show.  Show me beautiful clothing and accessories...keep your personal lives (and pouts) out of it.  Will I watch it again?  Of course. I love to see gorgeous couture. ~c~

The show reminds me how much I love to root around our own local thrift stores to find treasures that have been tossed out by women no longer enchanted with items that probably once drove them mad. Will I ever find a Carolina Herrera dress like the one from Second Time Around? Probably not. But I have found items to make the label whore in me very happy (hello, never used Gucci pumps?) as well as unique pieces that are one of a kind (a 1920's dress clip that is now an awesome pendant). ~m~

1 comment:

  1. Episode number 2 of Fashion Hunters featured a "Birkin" party. The piece de resistance was a vintage Kelly bag (with matching jewelry case) which sold for $9500.00...the new owner promptly placed her toy dog into the bag, it made me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete