Friday, October 14, 2011

Fun

In certain situations, a few of my personality flaws start to rear their ugly head. I'm an enthusiastic eye roller. I'm fluent in sarcasm. Sometimes the only word I want to use is "the mother of all curse words." On days when I'm shopping at Walmart or reading a quiz answer that  says "Accticus Flinch* was a murderer who practiced economy," it seems that there is no way to win the battle against these incredible forces of evil, and my eyes just need to know that they are in for a work out.

So, imagine my happiness when I found a cool little find on Etsy that reminds me that victory is possible over Walmart and teenagers uninterested in reading relevant literature.  In an Etsy shop named Piper and Rory (http://www.etsy.com/shop/piperandrory?ref=ss_profile), you can find cheap little bracelets ($5) with phrases from literature and pop culture. I bought the Expecto Patronum bracelet, which I think will keep the Dementors who wander the aisles at Walmart and the hallways of middle school at bay. I also bought the bracelet that is inscribed with a phrase from Le Petit Prince in French: On Ne Voit Bien Qu'avec Le Couer. L'Essentiel Est Invisible Pour Les Yeux (translated: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye"), which might make me pause before rolling my eyes to the heavens, blurting out a sarcastic comment, or letting the F word fly out of my mouth.  Maybe. ~m~



*This is exactly how the student spelled Atticus Finch. It truly adds a whole other dimension to this spectacularly mind-blowing answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment